We are searching data for your request:
Forums and discussions:
Manuals and reference books:
Data from registers:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Cooks In40 minutes plus chilling time
DifficultyNot too tricky
Nutrition per serving
Calories 261 13%
Fat 9.6g 14%
Saturates 4.3g 22%
Sugars 34.3g 38%
Protein 6.7g 13%
Carbs 37.7g 15%
Of an adult's reference intake
- 500 ml whole milk
- ½ an orange
- ½ a lemon
- ½ a stick of cinnamon
- 1 vanilla pod
- 7 large free-range egg yolks
- 95 g sugar, plus extra to serve
- 1 heaped tesapoon cornflour
By Sam and Sam Clark
- Put the milk, orange and lemon zest and cinnamon in a saucepan. Split the vanilla pod lengthways and add this too, then gently bring to the boil.
- Remove from the heat and allow to infuse for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, whisk the egg yolks with the sugar and cornflour until pale and creamy.
- Pass the milk through a sieve and discard everything else, then return the milk to the pan and place over a medium heat.
- Just before it reaches boiling point, slowly add the egg mixture, whisking continuously for about 7 minutes, or until it begins to thicken and coats the back of a wooden spoon.
- Remove it from the heat and pour into individual dishes or ramekins.
- Cover each serving with a disc of greaseproof paper to prevent a skin from forming, and let it cool before placing in the fridge.
- To serve, remove the greaseproof paper, sprinkle 1 tablespoon of sugar on top of each crema and caramelise using a blowtorch. Alternatively, place the sugared cremas on a tray under a preheated gas grill for a few minutes, until the sugar turns dark brown. Allow the sugar to harden, then serve immediately.