Peaches & cream pie
We are searching data for your request:
Forums and discussions:
Manuals and reference books:
Data from registers:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Cooks In1 hour 25 minutes plus chilling
DifficultyNot too tricky
Nutrition per serving
Calories 481 24%
Fat 18.4g 26%
Saturates 10g 50%
Sugars 41.4g 46%
Protein 8.8g 18%
Carbs 74.8g 29%
Of an adult's reference intake
- 225 g cold unsalted butter , plus extra for greasing
- 500 g plain flour
- 100 g icing sugar , plus extra to serve
- 4 large free-range eggs
- 175 ml semi-skimmed milk , plus extra for the dough
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon cornflour
- 175 g fat-free Greek yoghurt
- 275 g caster sugar
- 2 x 410 g tins of peach slices
By Georgina Hayden
- Cube 200g of the butter and pulse in a food processor with 400g of the flour, until it resembles fine breadcrumbs.
- Pulse in the icing sugar and 2 eggs, then bring it together with a splash of milk.
- Form the dough into a ball, wrap in clingfilm and chill in the fridge for 20 minutes.
- Preheat your oven to 180ºC/gas 4. Grease a 30cm pie dish with butter.
- Roll out the dough to a 40cm circle, then place into the pie dish, firming it in place.
- Prick all over with a fork, cover with greaseproof paper, fill with baking beans and pop in the oven to blind bake for 10 to 15 minutes, or until cooked.
- Crack the remaining eggs into a bowl with the vanilla, cornflour, milk and yoghurt. Add 200g of the caster sugar, 1 tablespoon of the remaining flour and 1 pinch of sea salt. Whisk until combined and leave to one side.
- Drain and arrange the peaches in the bottom of the baked pastry case, then pour over the custard.
- Return to the oven and bake for about 40 minutes, or until the custard is set to the touch but still has a slight wobble. Cover the pastry edge with foil if it colours too quickly.
- Make the crumble topping. In a bowl, rub the remaining 25g of butter and 90g of flour with your fingers until it resembles breadcrumbs, then stir in the remaining 75g of sugar.
- Sprinkle over the pie and return to the oven for a further 15 minutes, or until golden. Leave to cool completely before dusting with icing sugar and serving.